LIGHTROOM CLASSIC – LIGHTROOM CC
Lots of changes announced this week and confusion, worry and misinformation are rampant. This happens with any new changes. We all get very comfy with the familiar and resist change vehemently.
At the same time we have also been complaining loudly about the speed of importing, culling and developing inside the current model. Adobe listened, and have drastically improved the speed of the interface while giving us some great new tools. They also added an entirely new platform to the Lightroom “Eco-System” By separating the two products, they are allowing Lightroom Classic to focus on the strengths of a file/folder based workflow, while Lightroom CC addresses the cloud/mobile-oriented workflow.” The new names are: LIGHTROOM CLASSIC and LIGHTROOM CC
I have been working with the upgrade and I am ecstatic with the improvements.
“Lightroom Classic CC is designed for desktop-based (file/folder) digital photography workflows. It’s a well-established workflow solution that is distinct and separate from the new cloud-native service. For professional photographers who want all the Lightroom Classic capabilities to support their own very specific workflows as they are now.Your Lightroom is now called Lightroom Classic.
Performance and stability enhancements
- Application loading time
- Catalog upgrade and compression upon import and export
- Faster import with Minimal, Standard, 1:1 Previews
- Faster image selection upon import with Embedded Previews.
- Smart Preview generation
- Switching from Library to Develop module
- Rendering of images in Library and Develop modules
- Scrolling through images in Library and Develop modules
- Improved brushing and slider movements
- Deleting Collections
- Loading of faces in the People view
- Fine control over selections with Color and Luminance Range Masking tools.
- Auto-masking with better noise reduction by updating to Process Version 4 (Current) under Camera Calibration
- Filter Criteria in Smart Collections: Title – Is Empty or Not Empty and Lens Profile – Applied or Not applied
- Metadata preset for the export dialog – All Except Camera Raw Info. This helps you to conceal the settings or changes you had made from being exported.
- Filter Criteria in the Import dialog – File Type. This helps you to quickly remove certain file types if needed.
- Better handling of multiple batches of merge operations (HDR/ Pano) improving GUI response
- Preview generation of recently edited images (in last 2 days) during idle system state. This is applicable for Batch Editing use case, using Sync Edit functionality.