Lightroom 5.6 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. The goal of this release is to provide support for additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.6
- Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Updated the “Adobe Standard” color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG
- Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop. Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll
- Resolved the issues causing the persistent “Syncing … images” state that some of our customers have reported.”
- Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile. Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
- Added information to the “System Info” dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
- Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
- Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile
- Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
- JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
- Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.