****If you don’t see the update yet, sign out of your Creative Cloud app and sign back in
Super Resolution enables you to get the most out of your images by intelligently improving image quality while maintaining sharp edges and color accuracy. Powered by AI technology, Super Resolution increases the width and height by 2x each for a total of 4x pixels. This is perfect for making large prints or simply improving the quality of any image, even ones that are cropped super tight. The feature supports most file types including JPEG and TIFF.
- In the Library or Develop module, select the image that you want to enhance.
- Control-click (on Mac)/right-click (on Windows) the image and select Enhance from the content menu.
- You can also choose Photo > Enhance, from the menu bar.
- In the Enhance Preview dialog box, select Super Resolution. The estimated completion time to enhance the image is displayed at the bottom. Once enhanced, click and move the cursor to see other parts of the image. You can also hold the cursor to see the before and after effect on the image.
- The zoom-out icon in the lower-right corner of the preview allows you to view the full image.
- Click Enhance to create an enhanced DNG version of your image.
The enhanced image is saved as a new DNG file with the filename in this format: ‘Original filename-Enhanced.dng’ and is placed next to the source image.
*NOTE – This is really a great simple tool for smaller jpg images that need a boost in size for web or print. Other tools like Gigapixel AI or Photoshop are still better for large images and professional results.
Native support for Apple Silicon Computers
Starting with version 10.3, Lightroom Classic runs natively on Apple Silicon devices for the optimal experience and performance. Tethered Capture is supported on Apple Silicon devices under the Rosetta emulation mode. For more information, see Tether support on Apple Silicon devices.
Faster Metadata Management
With this release, you will experience performance improvements while selecting and updating metadata for multiple images.
File location changes for Develop Presets
With this release, the following changes have been made in develop presets:
- Any newly created develop preset will now be stored at the following locations instead of the existing hierarchy-based file structure.
- macOS – /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings
- Windows – C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
- This will not impact the file structure of the existing presets stored on your system.
If you’ve enabled the Store Presets With This Catalog option in the Lightroom Classic preferences, the presets files are saved at the following location:
macOS: MacHD/[catalog location]/[catalog folder name]/Lightroom Settings/Settings
Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\[catalog location]\[catalog folder name]\Lightroom Settings\Settings
A ton of new premium presets now included
Tethered Live View for Nikon
AVAILABLE FOR SELECT NIKON CAMERAS
See exactly what you are shooting in real time while tethering with Lightroom Classic’s new live view for Nikon cameras. When active, the live view from the camera will appear in a separate resizable window with the option to rotate the orientation. Feature focus control buttons will also appear in the tether bar, including Auto-Focus.
Follow these quick steps to turn Live View on:
- Connect a supported Nikon camera to your computer and launch Lightroom Classic.
- Choose File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture.
- Specify the settings in the Tethered Capture Settings opened dialog box.
- Click OK. The Tether bar appears after Lightroom Classic detects a camera.
- Click Live in the Tether bar to start Live view tethering.
- While in the Live view, adjust the focus of your camera from the Tether bar using the Focus Control buttons.
- Click the AF button to turn on/off the Auto Focus mode.
- If the Auto Focus mode is disabled, use the and buttons to control the focus manually.
Top new features for LR DESKTOP AND IOS/ANDROID
June 2021 release: Desktop version 4.3, iOS version 6.3, Android version 6.3