To my Canon 5D Mark 111 users – There is a firmware update to you cameras. Always a good idea to keep up on these.
Download the update to your computer. Here is the link > Drivers and Software
(After selcting your operating system and version click on FIRMWARE)
Plug in your card reader with an empty formatted card> drag and drop or copy the firmware update onto the card>
(Make sure your battery on you camera is charged you dont want your camera to die in the middle of an upgrade!)
Insert the card with the firmware into your camera > navigate to Firmware Ver. x.x.x. in your camera’s 3rd set-up menu (with the yellow wrench
Select OK when asked if you want to upgrade to the new version. Let it install then remove your card.
If you have any questions or problems…contact me!
A list of improvements in firmware version 1.2.1 is listed below.
- Uncompressed HDMI output is now enabled.
- Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with Canon EF lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may freeze and display Err 70 or Err 80 when a still photo is taken during Live View or in movie shooting mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may occur when the continuous shooting priority setting is enabled for multiple exposures, such that, after the sixth image is taken, there is a slight pause before the remainder of the sequence is completed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the viewfinder display shows incorrect information during AEB shooting.
- Communication with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter has been improved.
- When images have been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “O” will be displayed. When images have not been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “X” will be displayed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function properly when an Eye-Fi card is used.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the focal length value listed in the Exif information is not displayed correctly for images shot with the EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the lens firmware cannot be updated properly.
- Corrects errors in the Arabic language menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera changes the AF microadjustment value to -8.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Setting the ISO Speed Range for Auto ISO” option.